Somehow Canada just makes me feel great. The way of life. The stores, the roads, the attitude. But most of all. The people I fell in love with. In total, I've spend 6 weeks with them. It seems like I've known them forever. We barely been trough stuff together. Though the thoughts of camping makes my stomach feel weird. Or the thought of a hot tub in the mountains makes me wonder off.
The smell of BBQ here makes me think, sheesh, these BBQ's suck. The way snow is handeled here make me scream out PUSSIES! and make me think back. Drifts in a F150....
One thing, I do know. I need to go back. In 6 or 7 months. I need to go back. One way or another. I need to go back. Some people smoke, some people do drugs. I do Canada. For those 2 weeks. I feel alive. I feel like my life has sense. Like its fun. Like I have a meaning to be there. Everytime I'm there. I dont want to go back. Days fly by.
Whenever I think of the last holiday now. It puts tears in my eyes. Tears for not being able to be there. To see what they are up to. Whenever I get an email from Ralph, Tess or Kara. It makes me feel closer. Makes me feel, like I'm there. Makes me feel...... like a friend.
Meeting people this time around has even broadened my view even more. People like Brandon. Met him twice, feels like he's been a friend of years.
I just figured out what I might want as a first tattoo... a nice small maple leaf...
Oh Canada...
- Harm

6 opmerkingen:
Awwwwwwww.....nice to see your sensitive side Harm! We enjoyed having you guys here too. Though I do think you are a bit weird for liking the weather so much :)
Hey,I go into the freezing cold with a snowboard under my feet for fun. I like cold. Get over it :)
Wow....how do you really feel! You must realize that vacations are always pleasant (well most of the time) and it gets you away from everyday life.....the work thing. Not to put a burden on your view, but working puts a different spin on things here. Sitting in traffic for 2 hours with snow is a lot different than careening off a hill in a toboggan. Holland is small, gezellig, has a beach, close to many countries to visit, frikandellen, and frietje met. I respect your view of Canada and appreciate it, as I am an import that loves this country too. Too bad there was no wars in holland, as you would be able to plead exile to canada.....hint hint, just start something over there. Kara, mthe kids and I enjoyed your stay here and tou and Eef are always welcome. Yahoo anyone?
Ralph
Well thats what I have been thinking about for a few days now. Working is different then parties and just holiday in general, that I'm aware of.
Its just the way things are handeled over there I guess... I've been on loads of holidays in my life and everytime the plane flies over Calgary. Over the athletic fields near the bottle depot I think it feels like getting home...
aahhh...powerful and heartfelt post.... I have to agree with Ralphie, and remember the grass is always greener on the other side, you definitely miss things from Holland if you lived here. That being said, you should enjoy your life RIGHT NOW and live with no regrets, so if that means coming here every 6 months to get your fix, then do it! We can't guarantee we will always be available for company (since we do have to work), but our house is always open to you guys staying with us! We can always provide a bed for you when you visit and you get the pleasure of our company evenings and weekends at the least :)
Thanks guys. This really means a lot to me.
Tess, we've talked this over before in the car and yes the grass is always greener on the other side. And ofcourse things are completely different when you have to work from 9 to 5. Get home, get stuck in traffic. The same daily slumber as here. But the thing is there's also more then that then working. And I find I can relax MORE when I'm over there with the little things.
And maybe its just the urge to do something radical. That in 20 years you can look back at this massive turning point. Like Tess said. Carpe diem, no regrets.
And what is it with everybody all getting mooshy with this post. Dont you guys know I can be a sensitive sweet person? Sheesh, there's a reason Scott calls me princess and Harmony! :)
Een reactie posten